For children with special education needs, school can be a place of anxiety, frustration, and failure. Academic struggles are often accompanied by challenges staying organized, managing time, and making friends. The professionals at YESS! teach each student in the way that he or she can learn. The special educators, with input from each child’s team of therapists, individualize the general studies and Jewish studies curricula and allow every child to progress at his or her own pace. Most critically, they teach each child as a whole child, working with each student to develop skills for all areas of his or her own life.
- Small classes with students grouped according to academic and social needs
- Classes and administration in one location, Yeshiva of Central Queens
- Individualized curriculum in General and Judaic Studies
- Full complement of related services: speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, counseling
- Licensed, professional faculty
- Mainstreaming opportunities when appropriate